Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Jeepers Creepers Sneakers

Back in the late 60's and early 70s, platforms were all the rage and frankly, I don't think anybody wanted that trend to resurface. Despite the comfort of the platform heel, it was a little too clunky to be chic. However, lo and behold, it has resurfaced in the form of creepers.

via aviewfromtheshade.blogspot.com
For those of you who don't know what these are, they are sneakers on an elevated platform (that can be spotted on Miley Cyrus), giving you your desired height without that feminine delicacy. They're an interbreed of wedge and block heels. They're the trend of the moment that you either love or hate, and that is exactly what makes them worth talking about. Let's ponder. Are creepers creepy or fashionably edgy? Is it just a phase that will slowly dwindle away into the abyss of fashion faux-pas?

Truth be told, I don't wear sneakers very often and so, this concept is as foreign to me as it gets. I loved the Isabel Marant wedge sneaker, but this is a whole other ball game. However, I decided to do some research to find a pair that might tickle my fancy. And ladies and gents, it happened. They came in the form of chunky Burberry with a hint of attitude and a lot more femininity (way up my alley). As a woman who loves her high heels, these creepers appeared to be tailored to my taste. I fell in love with another pair of shoes and I wouldn't have had them any other way than my beloved Burberry.

Are creepers on YOUR wishlist?

Bella




15 Days Until NYFW

No comments:

Post a Comment