Sunday, April 13, 2014

Taking A Break From Fashion To Talk About Passover Finals (Sort Of)

With finals rapidly creeping up on us and the holidays coinciding with that last dreadful month of school, fashion tends to take a backseat, for some people. It's Coachella 2014, but I'm sitting at a computer typing a paper and contemplating the lack of bread in my life in the days that will follow. Alexander Wang is collaborating with H&M, but I can't even dwell on that piece of news because I'm too busy trying to fix my haywire printer (which happens to have a mind of its own) and thinking about how I'm going to get everything done before holiday dinner. The MTV Movie Awards are happening, but best-dressed lists are being replaced by a seriously long to do list that comprises all the tasks that need to be completed in the next 24 hours.

I just took a breath.


The truth is, fashion is ALWAYS on my mind, even if it happens to be in the teeny tiniest way. I can't help wondering what everyone's wearing at Coachella and what it would be like to be there right now instead of the confines of my bedroom. I'm dying to check out Alex Wang for H&M because he's one of those designers that exudes cool vibes. And as for the MTV Movie Awards, Twitter provides me with all the information I need as I take ten minute breaks between paragraph editing.

The art of multi-tasking creates the balance needed to lead a fulfilling existence that prevents depressive behaviours. So, in this dire time, I encourage you to contemplate your holiday outfits, think about what you'll be wearing to school tomorrow, stay involved with Coachella updates, get mentally excited about Alex Wang to stimulate your writing capabilities, and perhaps check out the red carpet hits and misses  tomorrow. It may be exam season, but it's important to remember that fashion keeps us sane (or maybe that's just me).

Good luck on your exams. Happy Passover and Happy Easter. Keep calm and get excited. It's a festive time. Let's indulge.

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment