Friday, February 7, 2014

#IconCity: You Go Coco!

In honor of Coco Rocha's Model of the Year Award at the Canadian Arts and Fashion Awards this past week, I'd like to bestow upon her an award of my own: The Icon Award. As a top Canadian fashion model in the industry, one of the best in my own biased Canadian opinion, she deserves to roam the streets of IconCity alongside Victoria Beckham, Diane Kruger, and Brad Goreski (wouldn't they make a great dinner party?). Her emotional speech at the CADA awards in which she announced a child protection law vowing to end child exploitation in the modelling industry, we were all brought to tears at how incredibly inspirational she is. Her ability to make every possibly facial expression look fierce, bringing justice to that overused cliched word, along with her down-to-earth personality which she exhibits on The Face, make her an icon for women across the globe. Here are some of her best looks according to moi.

LOOK 1
Coco Rocha rocked this junglesque dress at the 2013 Met Gala "From Punk Chaos to Couture", attracting much media attention. Her ability to pull off the leopard print with such confident ease is inspirational and her bold statement made every head turn.
via ca.eonline.com
LOOK 2
As a street style favourite, Coco hasn't met a print she can't effortlessly wear and this bold jumpsuit is no exception. Evidently, this woman is fearless with her fashion choices AND her haircuts.
via www.fashionmagazine.com
LOOK 3
Coco Rocha is so rock n' roll in this Fausto Puglisi getup that I can't help but wish we were best friends. Her ability to rock a leather pant with this envy-worthy leather jacket fills me with a boundless desire to raid her closet.
via www.whosay.com
LOOK 4
Obviously, Coco makes a statement again in a red TopShop blazer and gold necklace. Can I please have this outfit? Let's not forget that signature red lip.
via www.collagevintage.com
LOOK 5
And finally, Coco's CADA DSquared2 dress that I can't seem to get over. Not only do I love DSquared2, but I absolutely adore Coco in white. A vision of elegance and sophistication, this model never ceases to blow me away.
via www.becauseimfabulous.com
If I could post more outfits, I would, but that would get incredibly tedious and verge on overkill. This is a simple overview of Coco Rocha's remarkable sense of style. Representing Canada, I'm proud to be a part of Team Coco.

Love,

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment