Monday, April 27, 2015

Why This Summer Will Be All About Those Braids

As much as I love leaving my hair loose and blowing in the wind, when summer hits, I find it best to keep it tucked away to avoid sweaty neck syndrome. As someone who lives in a humid city, I know that letting your hair down can cause some serious frizz and may not always be the best choice. Luckily, I learned how to braid my hair this year and not just the basic way.

As a little girl, I always found braids beautiful and enjoyed making bracelets with string to mimic a look I couldn't master on my head. I found it to be therapeutic and relaxing, and I aspired to learn how to recreate the look with my hair. All this time, I never thought I could master the braid and alas, I opted for a simple blow dry. Until now.

A braid can take on a variety of forms. Whether a fishtail, a french braid, a braided headband, or even a crown, there are so many options to choose from. If you search the word "braid" on Pinterest, you'll find an abundance of looks that don't limit you to the traditional three strand braid.

With the 70s being the fashion decade of the moment, the hippie look is very a propos and nothing goes better with wide leg pants, fringe, and suede jackets, than a few braids in your hair.

Here are ten braided looks from the runway to inspire you.
Marissa Webb S/S 2015 - cosmopolitan.co.uk
Valentino S/S 2015 Couture - style.com
Giorgio Armani S/S 2015 - harpersbazaar.com
Chanel S/S 2015 Couture - vogue.co.uk
Bibhu Mohaparta S/S 2015 - harpersbazaar.com
Michael Kors S/S 2015 - thisisglamorous.com
Suno S/S 2015 - harpersbazaar.com
Mara Hoffman S/S 2015 - via wwd.com
Peter Som S/S 2015 - harpersbazaar.com
Marco de Vicenzo S/S 2015 - fashionising.com
Will you be braiding your hair this upcoming season? If so, which braid is your favourite?

Ponder it,

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment