Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Short Girl's Guide to (Seemingly) Unflattering Trends

As someone who falls under the petite category, I can relate to women who feel as though shopping trips are frequently disappointing, trends are generally impossible to mimic on an unnaturally small frame, and when it comes to shoes, comfort always comes second to height. It's exasperating when hems are consistently too long and the sales lady informs you that no, there is no petite section. So, what do you do? How do you survive in a world that favours a tall Naomi Campbell figure? Here are some trends you think you can't pull off, but actually, you can.

WIDE LEG PANTS
What you think:
They cut my legs in half. They make me look like I'm about 12 years old. I'm a torso on tree trunks.
The reality:
With a high-waisted cut and some wedges, this look can actually slim down the waistline and lengthen the body. Bonus? They're a major trend this season.
via glamourparis.com
THE MAXI DRESS
What you think: 
I look so short. I can never wear flats with this. I'm drowning.
The reality:
A body hugging maxi dress offers a slimming and lengthening effect on a shorter woman. It's easy to shorten if necessary and some of them even come in the right length for you. If you find one with double slits, even better.
via blglovin.com
THE MIDI SKIRT
What you think:
I look fat. I have no legs. Where are my legs?
The reality:
Worn with the right pair of heels, a midi skirt can be very flattering on a petite girl. Make sure to get one that's high-waisted and that falls right below the knee.
via fashionstylemag.com
CULOTTES
What you think:
I can never wear cropped pants, especially the wide kind. This isn't happening. My legs aren't happening.
The reality:
Once again, high-waisted is KEY. A mid-sized heel is better than no heel but if you're bold, feel free to go flat.
via whowhatwear.com
AN OVERSIZED COAT
What you think:
I will get eaten. This is enormous. Help me.
The reality:
If you get a knee-length version, you'll still achieve that long-legged look you crave. You'll also look like a (hot) munchkin.
via buro247.kz
OVER THE KNEE BOOTS
What you think:
I have no legs. And I look like a hooker.
The reality:
You're wrong. You have more leg than ever before and with a short skirt, it's a great alternative to tights.
via fashionbloggers.pe
Have I revolutionized your life? Which look will be wearing?

Ponder it,

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment