Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Years Resolutions: The Fashion Edition

Last March, I wrote a blog post called "You Know You're Canadian When...The Fashion Edition" and I decided to use the same theme for my 2015 New Years Resolutions. It's easy to say you'll start hitting the gym, become a philanthropist, or get better grades. While those are all perfectly adequate resolutions, I like to look at the resolution concept from a fashionable perspective because it is a major part of who I am and deserves its own list. Before I begin, I would like to wish everyone a very happy New Year filled with riskier style choices, bolder colours, and a stronger appreciation for one's individual style. Now, drink, be merry, and enjoy this list.

In 2015, I resolve to...

NUMBER 10
Wear Skirts Over Pants
While some resolutions are challenging to accomplish, this one is particularly appealing due to the frozen temperatures that have recently invaded the Canadian land. Will I be able to pull it off? Who knows? But I'd like to think this one will look less odd come January.

via manrepeller.com
NUMBER 9
Get Myself A Pair of Baggy Leather Pants
For those of you who have been frequently reading my blog, you know that this article of clothing is my fashion dream. Let's hope I can overcome my fear of trying out this trend on my small frame in the New Year.

via thefashionguitar.com
Speaking of leather...

NUMBER 8
Buy A Leather Jacket That I Love
Every Spring, I find myself purchasing a leather jacket only to discover that it doesn't fit quite right. This year, I resolve to buy a real one. Cheers to that!

via hellofashionblog.com
NUMBER 7
Wear Bolder Hats
As much as I praise hats, I don't wear them nearly as much as I would like to. May this year be filled with a wide array of hats from a wide rim to a beret.

via stylecaster.com
NUMBER 6
Wear Socks With High Heeled Sandals
I have been dying to try this trend, but out of fear that I would receive strange glares from others, I stopped myself from taking the leap. Will 2015 be the year I submit to the awkward stare?

via fashioninspirationblog.com
NUMBER 5
Try On A Maxi Skirt
If a short girl like me can wear a maxi skirt this coming spring, I'll know society has evolved.

via fashionista.com

NUMBER 4
Wear Sneakers With A Skirt or Dress
Though I have never been a fan of the sneaker and I love high heels, I'd like to explore the comfort of this type of shoe in the New Year. Will I be wearing it with a dress? Stay posted.

via fashionvibe.net
Which brings me to my next point...

NUMBER 3
Wear More Dresses
I've been a jean girl all my life, but I think it's time to go back to my girlish roots and opt for a more feminine look.

via thezoereport.com
NUMBER 2
Try The Loose Pants Trend
Can a short girl wear loose pants? I'm eager to find out in 2015.

via harpersbazaar.com
NUMBER 1
Buy A Cape
Obvious reasons.

via popsugar.com
How many of these can I accomplish in 2015? I'll keep you posted!

XOXO,

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment