Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Resort Report: Part Dos

For those of you who don't know, dos means two in Spanish. Lucky for you, you get to experience a second report on resort because I simply love resort reporting (and tongue twisters). I've select another five resort collections as my favourites and look forward to your feedback. Now, enough with the jibber jabber and let's get down to business.

CHRISTIAN SIRIANO
Christian Siriano is my Dior. Don't get me wrong. J'adore Dior. Christian Siriano just happened to rock my world this season with retro eyewear and architectural dresses in pretty pastels. Feautring flowing summer dresses in pinks, blues, and yellows, this collection was even more delightful than my stash of candy. Synonymous with femininity, every look radiated elegance and each dress managed to make my jaw drop time and time again. It's rare to find a collection in which you desire everything, but this happened to be one them. I smell a new favourite.
Favourite Outfit: Look 16
(structure is overrated)

ELIE SAAB
If it wasn't obvious enough, Elie Saab is basically every girly girl's favourite designer. Why? Probably because lace is a dominant characteristic of his clothing along with princess gowns in pretty pastels with floral appliques. Sigh. Isn't that every woman's fantasy? Of course, this resort collection was no different. Sequins and draping and florals were prominent features of the collection. An Oscar favourite, I'm just eager to find out which celebrity will be wearing Elie Saab at the next big event.
Favourite Outfit: Look 1
(Sometimes white is all you need)

PRABAL GURUNG
Prabal is always a crowd favourite due to his artistic touch and penchant for colour. This collection featured colour blocked pieces, abstract prints, and pretty florals. An abundance of frills presented itself, proving that women are reverting back to a more feminine look. It's time to press pause on that boyish style we've all been trying to imitate and return to our roots. But don't get it mistaken. These loud prints ensure that we're still heard.
Favourite Outfit: Look 3
(I just really love shirt dresses)

JENNY PACKHAM
I'm not usually a huge Jenny Packham fan, but this collection had me swooning. Perhaps I'm just a sucker for embellished gowns with that Cinderella quality. Aren't we all? Using bold yellows, mint green, and clean beige, Jenny Packham's collection revives the summer with a selection of looks perfect for wedding season. According to Rachel Zoe, "who doesn't love a sequin?" (answer: no one). I'm pretty sure Jenny Packham would agree with her.
Favourite Outfit: Look 36
(Guilty pleasure...)

NAEEM KHAN
Another Oscar fave, Naeem Khan has me wishing I had a big event approaching and an endless budget (or non-existing one). With baroque printed outfits that resonate resort, summer stripes, white shorts I'm already dreaming about, and Middle Eastern style dresses, you really couldn't ask for a more traditionally cruise appropriate collection. Naeem Khan knows exactly what women want and never fails to provide it. Let's go on vacation, shall we?
Favourite Outfits: Look 13, 25, 52
(Once again, I couldn't pick just one)



(Images via Style.com)

That's all she wrote folks. Hope you enjoyed these resort reviews and look forward to reviewing Fashion Week in September. 

Ciao,

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment