Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sneakers And Dresses: A Revolutionary Combo

I have a confession to make. I hate flats. I can't for the life of me see the pleasure in wearing this type of shoe on any occasion. I understand that the pointy-toed version looks lovely on Alexa Chung. I'm also impartial to the Chiara Ferragni collection of whimsical flats with little cat faces. However, I will never find them flattering. They don't elongate your legs, nor do they do anything for your figure. I like to refer to them as the "useless" shoe.

via cosmopolitan.com.au
Unfortunately, summer is a season that inspires a lot of walking. From a casual stroll in the park to simply a walk on the beach, 'tis the season to let go of the vehicle and opt for a more eco-friendly leg-strengthening oxygen-inhaling mode of transportation.

I, for one, am a huge advocate of walking. Perhaps it's the winter months of isolation and hibernation that make me want to walk everywhere come summer, but I just can't resist taking the longer route to my destination.

As a woman who loves her heels more than anything else in her closet, it pains me to admit that my favourite shoes are NOT walking friendly. So, when the sneaker trend took over the fashion world, I was beyond pleased. Believe it or not, I can fancy myself in a sneaker much more than a ballet flat. It's an inexplicable attachment that makes me want to wear them with absolutely everything. Though my heels will remain my favourites, I will sometimes intentionally choose a pair of sneakers for style purposes rather than mere practicality. It's beyond comprehension.

I can't seem to figure out why I prefer a sneaker. Maybe it's the little tomboy inside of me trying to inch out. Either way, what I once believed to be a shoe reserved for sport is now a fashion piece I actually enjoy wearing. As sneakers continue to gain popularity amongst fashionistas like Man Repeller, Leandra Medine, and top models like Cara Delevingne and Jourdan Dunn, they have become increasingly more versatile. Worn with skinny jeans, skirts, and dresses alike, it's clear that anything goes.

My favourite pairing of the moment? Sneakers with a summer dress.

via thetrendspotter.net
If there's one thing I love in the summer time, it's putting on a simple dress for a walk in the park. Choosing to wear it with a sneaker makes it a fashion statement I simply cannot resist. After all, sneakers with pants are way too conventional for me.

Will you be wearing sneakers with your dress this season?

Ponder It,

Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment